Pages

31 January 2016

Vintage leaves wet wiped

I hope you had a lovely weekend. It was a bit of a blustery one for most of us.  Luckily I didn't have to go out for very long which meant I had lots of crafting time :)

I taught the wet wipes techniques in my classes last November and I forgot to show you these cards. The smaller card was my practice piece - not bad for a first attempt. Basically you transform wet wipes into a mulit-colour ink pad with a few different colours of re-inkers.

There are lots of tutorials on the Internet for this technique which has been around for a number of years. I just never got round to trying it out until recently. Most people use several layers of wet wipes but I found that one layer worked just as well. I prepared my wet wipe in a SU stamp case and the re-inkers I used here are Tempting Turquoise, Hello Honey and Night of Navy.

You probably can't tell from the photo, but the splashes of dots were heat embossed in gold. The card is finished off with a small length of gold sequins and a gold thread bow. The stamp sets used are Gorgeous Grunge and Vintage Leaves which has a coordinating set of dies, Leaflets Framelits - they are available as a bundle, saving you 15%.

leaves and sequins

leaves and sequins

leaves and sequins

A little tip to stop your sequins falling apart when you want a strip to stay in tact, use the fine tip glue pen to run a little glue along the stitching - problem solved.

sequins and fine tip glue

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment