Pages

24 July 2012

Sail Away

Another one for the guys.  My ladies made this one in class last week.  The background is achieved very simply by inking a clear mount block then 'stamp' directly on to the card.  I used Baja Breeze here on Whisper White card which is layered on Black card.  The boat was inked in Basic Black and stamped on the Baja Breeze background.  I stamped a second image, this time on designer paper (First Edition Speciality used here), then I cut out just the sails and glued it over the sails of the main image - otherwise known as paper piecing.  The birds is a stamp from Up, Up & Away stamp set which is in the current summer mini catalogue.
 I always finish off the inside of my cards, and this one is no exception ;)

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic card Jenny and so "now" especially with the sailing events here in Weymouth, I am doing a "memory board" for my husband of the event and the centre piece is a 50p with the coast of Weymouth, the isle of Portland and a sailing boat on it and your card has given me more ideas, thanks.

    ReplyDelete