Pages

5 July 2012

French Foilage Resist

I demonstrated this resist technique some months ago but only got round to making a card with it a few weeks ago.  I taught the technique again at a recent class but we used different colours and when I can find the card I made I'll add a picture of it here.

Glossy card works best for this. I used cotton wool, or you can use a piece of sponge or what ever works best for you, to colour the whole area of the card in different colours. I used reinkers in Baja Breeze, Pretty in Pink and So Saffron here.  Next, gently rub your embossing buddy over the card to help prevent embossing powder from sticking where you don't want it.  Ink your stamps with Versamark ink and stamp randomly, overlapping is okay.  Apply clear embossing powder and heat with your heat tool just until the embossing powder turns shiny and raised. Next, ink your brayer well with Night of Navy and brayer over the whole thing. Let it dry a little then with a soft cloth rub off the excess ink. The embossed areas will resist the ink. You may need to apply a second coat with the brayer for best effect.

1 comment:

  1. I tried this technique and it's really effective. You can use various stamps and colours as you say. Something to try when you're struggling for inspiration! Judy x

    ReplyDelete